Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

On Sunday we celebrated my mom's birthday. A few days early, but in my family, we celebrate birthweeks (my husband prefers to celebrate birthMONTHS...oy!) anyway. Well, we have a trip to Disney World coming up and my mom's favorite Disney character has always been Goofy. So, why not a Goofy cake?

Here she is with two very excited grandchildren!

My mom's favorite cake is poppyseed cake. I'm making two lemon poppyseed cakes this weekend and needed some taste-testers so I thought I'd kill two birds with this one. My family never seems to complain when I do this. I think the cake turned out extremely well! The lemon zest and lemon juice in the cake made it absolutely delicious and moist!

Happy Birthday to you, Mom! Thanks again for all you do for me (and my family)!

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment