Monday, November 18, 2013

Happy Birthday "deer" Ryan!

My dear friend Jessica wasn't really planning anything big for her husband, Ryan's, birthday.  They were going to have a small celebration like usual with their family.  That was, until their kids started planning a party.  What Jessica thought was going to be a small get together, turned into a party, a rented room and a huge surprise!   I was happy to help her out after I received her plea for a cake - very last minute.  

She told me that I could use whatever I had on hand and that Ryan is into deer hunting right now.  I could incorporate something about that on the cake.  

Well, I don't usually have things "on hand".  I bake all of my stuff from scratch, so it was no problem for me to make Jessica and Ryan's favorite red velvet cake for the occasion.  As for the decoration, I went with a deer theme, as you can see, and decorated accordingly.  



For a very last minute cake, I think it turned out well.  I hope Jessica was able to pull off the surprise!  Can't wait to hear all about it!

Happy Birthday, Ryan!



No comments:

Post a Comment