Friday, December 20, 2013

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

Back in November, Oprah announced her "Favorite Things" for the holiday season.  I was so excited to get my "O" Magazine and look through all of her fun ideas.  What it must be like to be Oprah. Anyway, I came across this picture of Cordial Cherries made into a Nativity.   I LOVED it and knew that I had a cake to bake for my daughter's Christmas party for school.  


I was not going to spend the $44+ on this set when I could make them myself.  I purchased some cordial cherries from a fundraiser at my daughter's school and I was good to go!!  (I made two sets, by the way.  I plan to duplicate this cake for my Christmas dinner...)

Here's how mine turned out.  I clearly based mine on the set from the "O"Magazine and created a nativity scene out of brown sugar (sand), coconut (hay) and a gingerbread stable.  




I wanted to decorate the rest of the cake to look like a starry night.  This cake is my chocolate-flecked cake with buttercream filling and frosting.  I'm super pleased with how it turned out.


And here's Josie's class - excited to celebrate the real reason for the Christmas season.  Bless them.  



1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this idea! Thank you for sharing ^_^

    ReplyDelete