Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dad's Birthday - Finally!

My Dad's birthday was actually a month ago.  Due to colds and the flu and difficult travel schedules, we didn't get to celebrate with him on his actual birthday.  Instead, my whole family headed to Wisconsin Dells for some waterpark fun and we opted to celebrate with my dad this last weekend.  

His birthday cake of choice was a blueberry cheesecake.  I've only made a handful of cheesecakes in my life and I've had good luck with them all, but I wanted this one to be spectacular.  So I did some major Internet searching and discovered Tyler Florence's "Ultimate Cheesecake Recipe."  



I think it turned out beautifully - I followed the directions completely.  The blueberry sauce is made out of a few tablespoons of sugar, fresh blueberries, lemon zest and lemon juice.  That's it.  And it's deliciously tart and full of blueberry flavor.  The cheesecake was by far the best cheesecake I've ever had.  It was super creamy and not as firm as most cheesecakes I've had before.  It just melts in your mouth.  

Happy very belated Birthday, Dad!  I'm so happy we were able to celebrate with you during such a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment