Saturday, March 30, 2013

Marriage Proposal Cookies

Cut-out cookies are kind of a big deal in my family.  They're not my favorite cookie, but they are my husband's favorite cookie...of all time.  In fact, he told me that my cut-out cookies played a very big role in our relationship.  It was after he tried these that he knew I was "the one."  Yep.  Big deal over here.  And yes, I'm willing to share the "Marriage Proposal Cookies" recipe.  

I usually make these cookies for Christmas and on occasion, I've made them other times throughout the year.  But they ARE work and ARE messy, but I have a 6-year old in the house who absolutely loves to help me in the kitchen.  She was off on Good Friday, so what better activity for us to do together?



Love her.


But things got interesting half-way through decorating the cookie eggs.  My daughter started to sprinkle sugar in stripes onto the eggs and it looked really cool!  So, I poured some sugar out into a striping pattern as seen below.


I took my cookie and...

Dipped it into the sugar and pressed lightly.


And voila!  A sugar striped Easter egg cookie!


SO much color!  But oh so fun!  (And messy.  Don't forget about the mess...)


I wish you all a fabulous Easter!
Love,
Ann :)  (AKA - The Cake Mama)


Ann's Marriage Proposal Cut-Out Cookies (wedding proposals not guaranteed...but his/her loss)

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. milk
2 tsp. baking powder
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt

Directions:
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.  In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time until combined.  Add vanilla.  Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness.  Cut out in desired shapes.  Bake for 7-9 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Frost and decorate as desired.  

For THE BEST butter frosting recipe (dries hard, but not too hard), click here.  

Enjoy!!  And congrats on your upcoming nuptials!  




No comments:

Post a Comment