Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ho-Holy Delicious Cupcakes!

In celebration of a "Belated Boss's Day", my husband requested that I make cupcakes for his supervisor and team. Which ones, you ask? The Ho-Ho ones. Yes...they are totally awesome. And totally EASY to do.

I started out with chocolate cupcakes. I use Ina Garten's "Beatty's Chocolate Cake" recipe and it yields about 26 cupcakes. They only take about 15-20 minutes to bake, too, so they come together quite quickly!



I got my buttercream ready because filling the cupcakes is the first thing to do after they've cooled.


I filled my pastry bag with some buttercream and attach the tip pictured below. Each cupcake gets a squeeze of the filling right through the top of the cupcake.



So they all look like this when they're done.


Then, I melt down some store-bought chocolate frosting. This is honestly the only thing I buy from the store and don't make from scratch. It tastes great and I can work with it really easily.



After 60 seconds in the microwave, it looks nice and thinned out like this.



Just the top of each cupcake is dipped into the thinned icing and is given some time to dry a bit.




Then, I put on a different tip (#3) on my same pastry bag filled with buttercream...



...and I make little circles on top. Look familiar?



What's great about this recipe is that it makes 26 so my family gets a taste! Here's what they look like in the middle.

And this is what my husband will bring in to work tomorrow.



He knows he's lucky to have me. :) Happy Boss's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dear Lord, Ann. This makes the sugar-free, fat free frozen yogurt I just had look like colored plastic.

    ReplyDelete