Monday, June 20, 2011

Bee Bop

Nancy contacted me about a fundraising event for the First Stage Children's Theater in Milwaukee. They were wrapping up the end of their season-long FUNdraiser, Adopt a Bee, and were hosting a BEE BOP for all of the donors of this campaign. (For more info - http://www.firststage.org/supportus/) The event was held on Friday, June 17th and featured all things BEE! They had a raffle drawing, games, activities, a storytime, music and dancing, and some munchies, and of course, some Cake Mama cupcakes. :)


I made all chocolate cupcakes but half of them I frosted with vanilla frosting and the other half was chocolate frosting. I also added a little fondant bee on the top of each cupcake to coordinate with their fun theme for the event.




Getting the striped fondant was more of an experiment for me. I made skinny ropes of yellow and black fondant and placed them really close together on my baking surface. Then I rolled and got a solid piece of striped fondant, perfect for my little bees. The cut-out I used was a heart and I cut the heart in half to get a bee. I think they turned out pretty cute.


I hope the event was spectacular. Thanks, Nancy, for asking me to be a part of it!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! Your cupcakes were a big hit - so cute! I'm sorry I missed you when you dropped them off (we were setting up for the party) but thank you SO much for your donation. Hope to see you soon!

    - Nancy

    ReplyDelete