Monday, June 6, 2011

Graduation Goodies

Brooke requested a Cake Mama dessert for a graduation party she was hosting. We threw around a couple of ideas and Brooke decided on cupcakes which I was SO excited to do. She wanted yellow cupcakes with chocolate ganache filling and chocolate buttercream frosting. MMMM!

She also wanted caps and diploma scrolls to be placed on top of each of the cupcakes. I made those out of gum paste. To make the scrolls, I rolled out some gum paste really thin (so thin that I could see through it), and then cut a square for each of the scrolls. I rolled each of those and let them dry for about a week. The hats were made the day I assembled the cupcakes. Those were just diamond and circle-shaped pieces of gum paste glued together with gum glue, a mixture of gum paste and water. I added the black buttercream detailing with a #2 tip and the rest is history. I totally LOVE the way they turned out!!




Here's the lot of them. :)





Brooke seemed happy too! I hope the party was GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment