Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy Birthday, USA!!!

My neighbor, Kris, ordered a batch of cake pops for her daughter's 4th of July festivities this weekend. I was so excited to do these! It's been a while since I've had the order for one. Although, it seems so counterintuitive to put so much care into baking a cake just to throw it in the mixer and destroy it to make the pops. But, what a great result, eh?




Chocolate cake and buttercream frosting mixed together, rolled into balls, dipped in white chocolate and wrapped...seriously, could it get any better?


For my family's celebration this weekend, Josie and I made cupcakes. Josie doesn't get to help me bake in the kitchen UNLESS it's for a family function, so she was MORE than excited to assist her Cake Mama.




The white cupcakes are red velvet, cream cheese filling and buttercream frosting. The blue cupcakes are chocolate cake with buttercream frosting. Josie added the sprinkles - and did a FABulous job, I might add!








And on the actual 4th of July, we enjoyed the traditional strawbery (and blueberry) shortcakes for dessert. Homemade shortcakes with delicious strawberries and sweet blueberris. Doesn't get more patriotic (or delicious) than this!



I wish you all a safe and happy 4th of July weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment