Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pretty Present

Seriously. I don't think I will ever tire of a cake that is topped with a cute little bow. This one is no exception. Kim requested a cake for her mom's birthday. She wanted a smaller 6" cake and one with a bow on top because she thought her mom would enjoy that.

When it came down to actually planning the cake, Kim requested a mint green cake with a light purple bow (some of her mom's favorite colors) and some flowers along the side. And here's what I delivered today.



It's a vanilla cake with buttercream and homemade lemon curd filling, covered in fondant with a gum paste bow and flowers.



I hope that Kim and her mom had a fabulous lunch and I hope they enjoyed the cake!

1 comment:

  1. OMG....the cake was so good! She didn't want me to cut into it because it was pretty.

    ~ Kim

    ReplyDelete