Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Delta, Delta, Delta can I help ya, help ya, help ya?

Greg requested a cake for his fraternity get-together at the Brewer's game last weekend. He was a member of Delta Chi (in my head it was known as "triangle X"). He wanted a cake in the shape of a triangle and one in the shape of an X for the occasion. He informed me that the colors were important and forwarded this logo to me:



After talking a few times, I offered to make him some cake truffles (cake pops have sticks, these did not) with the excess cake that I'd cut off to make the shape of the triangle and X. No argument from Greg! He gladly accepted them.


Here's how the cake and truffles turned out:



Obviously the triangle needs to be rotated counter-clockwise, but this was the only way that I could fit both into the same cake box. The Delta (triangle) was a chocolate cake with buttercream filling. The Chi (X) was a yellow cake with raspberry preserve filling. Both are covered in fondant and the buff colored Delta and Chi were made out of gum paste.


I hope Greg had a fantastic get-together with his fraternity brothers!


As for the title of this post, the moment Greg asked me to make a cake for Delta Chi, ALL I could think about was the Delta Delta Delta Girls from Saturday Night Live in the 90's. I.LOVED.THEM. And in case you have no idea what I'm talking about, here's a video.


(This video is rated TV-14...due to language.)



I'm sure Greg and his buddies don't talk like this, but if they did, it'd be awesome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment