Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Jake & Rachel's Rehearsal Dinner Cakes

Over a year ago, I took the order to do Jake & Rachel's rehearsal dinner cakes. Jake is my brother-in-law and Rachel is now officially my sister-in-law. :) After looking through many cake pictures and trying to find one that truly represents Jake (zombie-themed, comic-themed, bacon-themed), he came back and said that he would rather have a cake decorated simply; no fondant.

Okay. I could do that. I would take his simply decorated cake and raise him THREE simple cakes AND a dozen cupcakes.

He folded. I won.

The first cake pictured is a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. It's a traditional groom's cake and one that I have a delicious recipe for.

This next one is a Strawberry Spiral Cake. It's a vanilla sponge cake with the most amazing strawberry buttercream ever, decorated with cookies. Yummy! (Jake's favorite.)


The next is a chocolate cake with caramel filling, chocolate buttercream frosting and pecans on the sides. You know, Turtle Cake. (MY favorite.)


The last is a dozen dairy-free cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla bean frosting. There's nothing better than actually seeing the flecks of vanilla bean IN the frosting. MMMM!

Here I am posing with the desserts. Yeah. That's me.




Jake and Rachel - Thanks so much for letting me be a part of your very special weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment