Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mickey Mouse and Horses?

These will be the only cakes Tammy will be ordering from the Cake Mama. Why? Because she's one of my students in class right now and will be able to make these herself in a few months. Sometimes, I just have to teach people "how to fish", which unfortunately depleats my customer pool. LOL!

Anyway, I was SUPER happy to make these two cakes for Tammy's daughters. The first is for Maggie who is turning 3. Like most 3-year olds, she's in love with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and wanted such a cake for her birthday. This will mark my third Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. It's a white cake, dyed yellow, with red buttercream filling.





I was trying to make Toodles from the show. I asked my daughter, who is ALSO a fan of MMCH, who that yellow/blue/red figure was and she screamed out, "It's TOODLES!!!!" I knew I accomplished my goal. :)




Tammy's other daughter, Paige, was turning 7. I think they were having a joint birthday party with family so two cakes were in order. Paige loves horses and this was what we came up with.




This is a mint chocolate chip cake (Paige's favorite ice cream flavor) with chocolate buttercream filling.



Happy Birthday, Maggie and Paige! I hope the party was a huge success! It was a special treat to do two very different cakes for the same party! I love that idea. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment