Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Beautiful Day for a Wedding

Teri was planning a beautiful Fall wedding and asked me to make her wedding cake many, many months ago. Teri and I went to high school together and I could not be happier for her and her lovely new hubby, Michael. The two make an absolutely beautiful couple! I'm INCREDIBLY thankful for Teri's belief and support in me. She asked me to do her wedding cake before I had even done one before. Seriously. I love that!

This week has been a busy, busy week for me. I baked a total of 17 cakes for Teri and Michael's special day. They requested not only a wedding cake, but also a groom's cake to be delivered the day of the wedding. This made for a lot of planning and precise execution!

Here's my staging area. All of the cakes are accounted for:


2 - 6 inch red velvet cakes
3 - 6 inch white cakes
2 - 8 inch chocolate cakes
4 - 8 inch white cakes
4 - 10 inch white cakes
2 - 14 inch white cakes



I also made some more of my raspberry buttercream for half of the wedding cakes and a chocolate ganache for the other half of the wedding cakes. The groom's cake was red velvet filled with cream cheese frosting and chocolate cake filled with buttercream.

The wedding cake design was a simple white cake covered with fondant with a geometric design in orange striping and orange flowers. Really elegant.

To keep in line with the elegant orange flowers, Teri and Michael ordered this as their cake topper. Can you even believe how cute they are?


Teri and Michael wanted a Pac-Man themed cake for the groom's cake because I'm told that Ms. Pac-Man played a roll in their first date. Gosh, I love that game! So I found a great picture online that included a "groom" Pac-Man and a "bride" Ms. Pac-Man, veil and all!

With the assistance of my mom (again - THANK YOU!!!), these two cakes were assembled and delivered safely.


Now, onto the rest of their lives! I wish you both all of the happiness in the world!!! Thanks for asking me to be a part of your very special day!

2 comments:

  1. Ann, this is so impressive! Congratulations on your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous! I am really happy to know that I am not alone in my Ms.PacMan loyalty and it makes one wonderful cake! LOVE IT!!! Love both - Cheeky monkeys!

    ReplyDelete