Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Cake Pops

I volunteered to bring some yummy treats to Josie's Halloween party today.  These types of parties are exactly why I took the cake decorating classes to begin with.  Josie was able to help me in the kitchen for these because they were for her, not a client, per se.  And she was SO excited to dig in make something fun. 

We were going to make pumpkin cake pops, that is, cake pops shaped like pumpkins.  Josie wanted to the batter to be green so she helped me color it appropriately. 


After the cake baked, I took it from there.  I molded them, dipped them, rolled them, decorated them and wrapped them for her special occasion, and here's what they looked like. 

Josie, dressed up as Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates, takes the first bite at her party.  Ca-RUNCH!


 Coooooool!  It's GREEN inside! 


As completely time-consuming and labor-intensive as Cake Pops are, I really think they're fun and festive.  Happy Halloween, Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment