Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Mom!

I had a lot of fun planning my Mom's birthday treats.  She's so funny because she wants a Cake Mama cake, but she doesn't want me to work so hard, but she really wants a fun treat, but she doesn't want me to stress about it, but it would be nice to have cake, but I shouldn't spend too much time on it...  I could go on for days like this!  She's a wonderful mom and deserves a nice treat from me.  Quite frankly, it's the least I could do for her for all she does for me.

So, a few days before her birthday, I gave her a package of cake pops for her to share with her friends.  She brought some up to share with her mom and friends and a few days later she had coffee with "the girls" and had a great time sharing. 


Then, to celebrate her birthday, I made her favorite cake.  She absolutely LOVES poppy seed cake with 7-minute frosting.  I added some lemon syrup to the cake and lemon curd filling to make this a lemony-moist treat.  Because she wanted it simply decorated, I added the lemon candies for some color. 



Happy Birthday, Mom!  Thanks for all you do for us!

1 comment:

  1. Ann, the poppyseed cake was outstanding and the cake pops were quite a hit! What fun it was to share!
    You are a sweetheart for making my birthday so special. Love you,
    Mom XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete