Sunday, December 23, 2012

Hello Kitty/Abby!

My long-time friend, Kim (seriously, we've been friends since we were SIX!!!) asked me to do a cake for her daughter, Abby's 12th birthday.  Abby is really into Hello Kitty these days and wanted a Hello Kitty cake.  I had SO.MUCH.FUN with this one!


The cake itself is a chocolate cake with buttercream filling and frosting.  The decoration is made up of fondant and gum paste.  

The very best part of this cake was the delivery.  Kim lives about 90 minutes away from me, but we decided to meet half-way and have lunch.  Such fun to meet up with good friends like that!!

Here's Abby's cake with the party decorations.  Would you believe that I hadn't seen them?  It was by luck that the colors worked out as perfectly as they did!  Maybe that, or Kim and I are telepathic.  Wouldn't surprise me!


And here's the birthday girl, Abby with her cake!


 SO happy to be a part of your birthday, Abby!  I hope you had a great day and a great party!

No comments:

Post a Comment