Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween!!!!

I've got to be honest.  Halloween was never my favorite thing.  I much prefer Christmas time to Halloween, that is, until I had kids.  Helping my girls become something fun for Halloween has become such a fun thing!  And Josie's just the right age to enjoy holiday and all of its goodness.  Candy aside, it's growing on me.  

This year, we started out the season with cut-out cookies.  You can get my recipe here.  Best.Cookies.Ever. I made the dough and while I was at work, Danny and Josie rolled them out, baked them and decorated them.  I came home to such a fun treat!  






My girls were able to get dressed up a few times this season.  Which, in my opinion, is a good thing.  You spend the time getting the costume "just right" and wear it only once?  It's a shame!  So we took full advantage of the fun dress-up days the season offered.  

Here's my little Maren the Elephant.  


And for those of you who follow my blog, you already know that Josie loves Malificent.  This year she got to BE Malificent.  She pulled it off beautifully (and gave people nightmares too!)!  I have to say that her silhouette in the night was pretty freaky.  


And on Halloween, I cooked up a silly meal.  We had hot dog mummies, witch finger bread sticks, a ghost banana and pumpkin clementine.  


Josie thought it was super spooooooky!


I hope you all had a spooktacular Halloween filled with lots of treats and plenty of boo's!





No comments:

Post a Comment