Friday, December 19, 2014

BEST Cut-Out Cookies. Ever.

My daughter received her 1st Reconciliation last weekend.  To celebrate, I made these cross cut-out cookies.  I've shared my cut-out cookie recipe in the past, but this time, I think I made them even BETTER.   I added browned butter to the dough.  It made these cookies melt-in-your mouth delicious.  I can't wait to make them again!!!!  Recipe is below.




Congratulations to my Jo-Jo on her very special day!


Cake Mama Cakes' BEST Cut-Out Cookie Recipe
Ingredients:
1 cup browned butter, room temperature (not melted)
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. milk
2 tsp. baking powder
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt

Directions:
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.  In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time until combined.  Add vanilla.  Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness.  Cut out in desired shapes.  Bake for 7-9 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Frost and decorate as desired.  

For THE BEST butter frosting recipe (dries hard, but not too hard), click here.  

How do you brown butter?  Click here:  http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_brown_butter/

No comments:

Post a Comment