Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Doctor Dash Turns One

My sister-in-law and brother-in-law and nephew, Dash, live in California.  There was a time when I thought that he would be the one nephew that I wouldn't be able to make a cake for.   So, when we made plans for their visit this Christmas, I was so excited that a birthday party for Dash was included in the plans.  He was born last year, right in the midst of all of the Christmas celebrations.  And this year we'd celebrate this wonderful milestone all together.  AND!  I got to make his first birthday cake.  Life is good.  

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are fans of the show Dr. Who and expressed the idea to have a Dr. Who themed party for Dash.  I've already made a Tardis cake (back when I had to Google "Tardis" because I had no idea about who this Dr. Who was), but since then, I've seen 3/4 of an episode and am even more qualified to make a Dr. Who cake.  

So here's what I made for Dash.  The top tier is a chocolate cake with buttercream frosting.  The bottom tier is a chocolate-flecked cake with buttercream filling.  Both cakes are topped with fondant.  And the cake topper is a UK Lego-type toy that I thought was perfect for the cake.  



 Uncle Dave came AS the Tardis for Dash's party.  What a great sport!


Cousin Josie had fun playing inside the Tardis.  It's much bigger inside that you'd think.



Dash's piece of cake....


Oh my... I think he liked it!


My Maren needed some quiet time in the Tardis as well.


It was great fun to celebrate with everyone here in Wisconsin.  It was even more fun for me to make Dash's cake.  Mission accomplished.  

Happiest of Birthdays to you Dear Dashiell.  Auntie Ann loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment