Saturday, June 3, 2017

An Ursula Party


My daughters have both seemed to enjoy the villains in the Disney movies even more so than the Princesses.  As my oldest daughter once profoundly stated, "The heroes wouldn't be heroes if it weren't for the villains!"  True story.

So when my little Maren started showing an admiration (and fear...but mostly admiration) for Ursula from Disney's The Little Mermaid, we started to plan the party around this new love.



There are a lot of Little Mermaid cakes out there, but not so many for Ursula that weren't terribly scary!  LOL!  My girls are also both fans of the little plastic Tsum Tsums, so when designing her cake, I tried to incorporate an Ursula Tsum Tsum as the top tier.

To make things even more complicated, Maren said that she wanted a surprise party.  Now, she was turning 5 and this was a big deal...clearly.  So she told me that she wanted to be up in her room "crafting" while we assembled downstairs.  I would call for her to come downstairs and everyone would surprise her.  Now, this was HER plan.  She told ME this.  So on her birthday, we did exactly this.  Grandma and Grandpa came over, and Aunt and a good family friend all wished her a surprise happy birthday.

While it's EXACTLY what she wanted, I think she was hoping for a few more of her friends to celebrate with her.  She didn't say anything, but I could tell.  Little did she know here bigger surprise was coming up in two weeks with a whole Ursula theme!

All of her classmates and good friends from the neighborhood came to celebrate with her.  The surprise was EPIC!  And it made for a day she won't soon forget.

Happy Birthday, my dear 5 year old Maren.  My, how much you're loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment