Saturday, June 3, 2017

Kristi's Baby Shower Cake

When I first found out that my friend Erin's sister was pregnant I said, "I'll make her baby shower cake!"  So this cake was a long time coming!  

Kristi's theme for the shower was absolutely adorable.  Her invites were rustic chic and she was going for a pink and gray theme.  I'm not doing it justice by explaining it.  It was so elegant and cute! Mason jars filled with baby's breath.  I mean, come on!!

Kristi was very clear that I could do whatever I wanted with the cake.  Of course I wanted her to like it and I know that she is a fan of white cake with vanilla frosting.  Her sister Erin said that nothing compares to Swiss Meringue Buttercream, so I opted for that.  The top and bottom tier were white cake and the middle tier was my favorite - chocolate!


I made the little booties on top out of gum paste.


Here's the cake at it's destination.  It looked perfectly "dressed" for the occasion!



Here's Kristi, the beautiful mother-to-be!  


Chocolate cake --- YUM!!!!


And to keep the festive flow, I added some pink sprinkles in the cake batter.  All of the frosting and filling was Swiss Meringue Buttercream.  


The day was absolutely perfect and Kristi's baby girl was welcomed so lovingly by all of Kristi's family and friends.  It was such a beautiful party!  We're so excited to meet your daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment