Monday, December 6, 2010

Cake Mama Classes

My friend, Melanie, asked me to teach her a few cake-decorating tricks so that she could make her daughter, Cecelia's, 3rd birthday cake for her party later this month. I was absolutely THRILLED to be called to this task. Teaching is one of my favorite things to do!!! (So, yes people, start getting ideas!!!)

I asked Melanie to pick out a cake from Wilton.com that she wanted to make for the occasion and she chose this lovely one featuring the Ribbon Rose.


Melanie's friend Lexi and Lexi's mother-in-law, Pat, joined in to learn the techniques. Both Melanie and Lexi brought a cake to the class and I supplied the buttercream. My "students" learned how to properly frost a cake and a few "secret" techniques.

They also learned several borders, dots and writing, leaves and even a few flowers. Once the learned the concepts and practiced, they got to finish decorating their cakes.

I think Lexi's turned out great!




And Melanie's daughter, Cecelia, will surely LOVE her birthday cake!



I had such a wonderful time teaching! Thanks so much, Melanie, for hosting such a fun event!

No comments:

Post a Comment