Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Make sure you leave a trail of bread crumbs...

Hansel and Gretel would most certainly love my latest creations. I think making these gingerbread houses is one of my favorite things to do this holiday season. I just had SO much fun!

It all started by baking my batch of gingerbread. Each batch yields two gingerbread houses and I knew I wanted to make one with my daughter, Josie. The other one HAD to go to my nephew, Connor. What a fun thing for us to do together.

Here are the finished houses:




And here are Josie and Connor with their creations. I LOVE how they're just studying their houses. And they were SO good about not picking at the houses. What self-control they each have!

Well, after my mom saw Josie's and Connor's she was just so complimentary that I just HAD to make one for her.

And, after much discussion and thought, I was trying to find the perfect gift for Josie's 4K teachers. I wanted to do something homemade (don't worry, I also gave a giftcard in case they get sick of homemade gifts) and I figured a personalized gingerbread house would be a great gift. So here's how they turned out.

I just love how each house looks similar, yet very different from one another. It was fun coming up with different designs. Connor's and my mom's was made to model the houses they live in. Santa, on Connor's house, is right outside of his bedroom window. :)


Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment