Monday, September 19, 2011

Andrew is Where the Wild Things Are!

Mr. Andrew celebrated his 3rd birthday this weekend. One of his favorite books is "Where the Wild Things Are" and his parents decided to theme his party to that. What fun!

I enjoy reading the book to my daughter and had a fun time thinking about the cake I was going to do for the event.



After a great many hours spent scouring the WWW, I came across a picture of a cake that just was the face of one of the monsters and it made me smile. It was simple but TOTALLY perfect.

This cake is a chocolate cake with raspberry buttercream.



I included a dozen chocolate cupcakes as well. Half are filled with raspberry buttercream and the other half were filled with vanilla buttercream. The Max face is totally my favorite. I like how grumpy he is.



Andrew - I hope you had a fabulous party! I heard lots of fun was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment