Monday, September 19, 2011

Coming in Feb '12 - Wilton's Advanced Gum Paste Flowers

I spent the last two days down in Lisle, Illinois going through some Wilton training. In February of 2012, Wilton is going to be adding a 4th class to their agenda; Advanced Gum Paste Flowers. Obviously, you'd like to have taken Class 1: Cake Decorating Basics, Class 2: Flowers and Cake Design, and Class 3: Gum Paste and Fondant before taking this next class on - so there's time to get all caught up!

The training was absolutely wonderful. I am SO excited to start teaching these techniques now. But alas, I will have to wait until February to do so. I wanted to give you all a little preview of what I learned and will be teaching you soon.

Here's a grouping of all the flowers we worked on during the training.



The Gerbera Daisy

A corsage of:
Green Ivy Leaves
Yellow Sweet Peas
Pink Blossoms
White and Pink Briar Rose
White Stephanotis Bud and Flowers


Lastly, MY FAVORITE: The Star Gazer Lily


All of these are made with gum paste and fondant and are super fun to make. I hope to see you in class!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ummmm...is that star gazer lily real? 'Cuz I kinda don't believe it's fondant...wow. I'm amazed. You truly excel at anything you put your mind to. I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete