Sunday, January 20, 2013

Century Club

On Thursday, I received this in the mail:  


It's a "Century Club" pin from Wilton.  Receiving it means that I've had the privilege of teaching over ONE HUNDRED students.

Three years ago, when I started on this cake decorating journey, I never would have imagined that I would be where I am today.  I was at a Michael's store, picking up a cake pan for a big cake I was planning to make for my husband's and my annual Academy Awards party, when I saw a brochure about cake decorating classes.  I signed up for the first class that night and counted the days until the first session.

My intention was only to take the first class, but I fell in love with cake decorating and I truly enjoyed the people I took the classes with.  I still see Alice, Marie, Keith and our instructor, Karen, a few times a year to catch up and learn new skills.

I love teaching and I love decorating cakes.  It's a stress-relieving [most of the time] hobby where I get so much enjoyment.  And I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for my super fun classmates, my great teachers, my wonderful students, and my fantastic friends, family, and "fans".  I am humbled and so very thankful for your support.

Thank you.  Thank you SO very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment