Sunday, June 16, 2013

They Call Him Moose

Can I just say that I love doing cakes for Kristie?  I get a fun message like this from her,

"Christian is nicknamed "moose", so I thought it would be fun to use that as our theme. I then thought maybe using Rocky and Bullwinkle would be fun. So that's as much definition that I'm providing. Beyond that I want you to go crazy! As for flavors, I'm not sure if this is possible, but some sort of play on Moose tracks ice cream flavor would be fun."

And here were the plates that they were having at Christian's party.  She thought going with blue and green on the cake would be a good fit.  


So first, coming up with a Moose Tracks flavor cake was a fun one for me.  I love Moose Tracks ice cream and had to incorporate vanilla, fudge and peanut butter cups into a cake.  Challenge accepted.  I opted for a vanilla cake as the base, so the layers were as follows:  Cake, buttercream with chopped peanut butter cups, cake, chocolate fudge, cake, buttercream with chopped peanut butter cups, cake.  I frosted the outside with more buttercream.  I'm salivating as I type this.

Now, going with "Moose" or "Bullwinkle" was a fun prospect as well.  I made the Bullwinkle topper out of gum paste and fondant and added the stars and ball border with more fondant.  I know that Christian's big sister, Clare, would surely be a fan of those!




I think this one turned out cute!  The colors could not have been more festive.   I hope that Christian had a great birthday celebration!  I can't wait to hear about the flavor of the cake.  I hope everything worked well together!  

Happy Birthday, Christian!

No comments:

Post a Comment