Thursday, August 29, 2013

GeoCaking, I mean GeoCACHING Fun!

Jessica and I go way back to Camp Whitcomb/Mason.  She was my supervisor there (Boris) when I was Walleye many moons ago.  She's always been into the outdoor activities and I was so excited that I got to make a birthday cake for her son, Elijah's 9th birthday.  He was going to be celebrating by going on a geocaching adventure.  Check out geocaching.com to find out more about it or to get involved.  Think of it as finding buried treasure.  All.Over.The.World.  SUPER fun!



So, you see the logo above?  I wanted to re-create that to top Elijah's cake.



I placed the N, E, W, S for a compass...because you'll need one or a GPS to find the treasures.   And then, along the side of the cake, I made a path with an "X" marks the spot.  



 The little geocaching guy is holding a 9.  You know, Elijah's now 9.  :)


And here's the birthday boy.  About to dig in to his chocolate cake with Oreos and fudge and buttercream filling.

I got news that they found the treasure they were looking for!  Congrats to his mighty crew!  What a fun birthday idea!  Happy Birthday, Elijah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment