Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Horse Cake and a Matching Smash Cake

Soon-to-be-three-year-old-Leila loves horses.  Not a My Pretty Pony horse, or a cartoon horse, she loves horses.  Real horses.  And she loves the colors pink and purple.   I was asked to make her a birthday cake and a cake for her little sister who was turning one right around the same time.  

I think these two cakes turned out to be very elegant cakes for these little ladies.  I love the lavendar shade and how it looks with the pink flowers.  

Ellie's cake is a 4 1/2-inch yellow cake with buttercream frosting.  Leila's cake is a 6-inch chocolate cake with Oreos, fudge and buttercream filling.  







I think the two look so pretty together and I most certainly hope that Leila and Ellie had a great birthday celebration!

Update:  When Leila saw her cake, she said, "Mama it's so magical!"  Best.Feedback.Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment