Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Chocolate Kahlua Cake for Steve-O

I absolutely love making cakes for my dear friend Erin.   You know why?  She sends me completely new recipes to try, offers completely specific decorating ideas and then always ends with, "...or whatever you'd like to do."   I do laugh at her.   A lot.  And I'm laughing right now thinking of her reading this, because it's true.  

Well, her husband will be celebrating his birthday this week, but had a small get together this past weekend.  Steve is a HUGE fan of Kahlua and Erin really wanted that to be incorporated into his cake  (...or whatever...).   So she sent me a recipe from Yumly (Chocolate Kahlua Cake with Salted Hazelnut Buttercream) and I was ever so excited to get 'er done!  




This was probably the most expensive cake I've ever made with 11 eggs, 24 ounces of chocolate, hazelnuts, Kahlua, espresso and so on.  But MAN!!!  I think it turned out beautifully, and would highly recommend the recipe to anyone who likes mocha anything!!!


Here's what the cake looked like on the inside (thanks for the pictures, Erin!).  YUMMY!!!!  



Happy Birthday, Steve!!!  I hope you have a wonderful day!  If you need a shot of Kahlua, I can hook you up!  ;)

1 comment:

  1. I was laughing out loud reading your post! So true!!! The cake was awesome and totally amazeballs! I don't know how to top it next year! :)

    ReplyDelete