Monday, August 18, 2014

Arielle's Peace, Love, and Happiness Cake

Arielle (Ari) is our super sweet next door neighbor who celebrated her birthday a few weeks ago.  I was so excited to be asked to make her birthday cake.  Her mom ordered a chocolate cake with fudge and Oreos and buttercream filling.  It's a very rich cake, but if you're a fan of chocolate, it's a little like heaven.  The Oreos are just an added bonus.  I used a boiled buttercream to frost the cake.  It's a delicate frosting and not too sweet, with real vanilla bean specks throughout.  Personally, it's MY favorite frosting.  

Ari's mom gave ma  few ideas for the design of the cake.  She said that Ari's room is pink and she really loves peace signs.  My daughter is friends with Ari and told me that she has teal, purple, orange and green in her room as well and she loves hearts too.  

So with all of that "intel", I came up with this design for Ari...



I cut out a bunch of flowers and leaves and made them into a peace sign on the top of the cake.  


I decorated with hearts along the side of the cake.


I hope that Ari had a great birthday celebration!   Thanks for asking me to be a part of it!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment