Monday, August 13, 2012

A Shower Cake

My friend Lori emailed me a few weeks back requesting a cake for a baby shower she was co-hosting for her sister-in-law.  She came across a really cute design online and forwarded the picture to me.  My goal was to recreate it as closely as possible.  I think it's a really cute cake and has lots of fun colors.  This cake took me way longer than I thought it would - and I knew it would be time-consuming.  First of all, coloring fondant takes time and there were a lot of colors on this cake.  But the flowers with the tiny dots around the center took the most time.  There was one of those for every color.  Decorating alone took me 4 1/2 hours.  Add in baking time and this was a whole day's work!  (But I do so love it!)

Her sister-in-law doesn't know if she's having a boy or a girl and that is why this cake was perfect!  I really liked how it turned out.




Both tiers were marble cakes with raspberry buttercream filling.  The outside is decorated with vanilla buttercream and fondant details. 

Thanks again, Lori!  I love making cakes for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment