Saturday, August 11, 2012

Jessica and Ryan's Cupcake Feast

Jessica and I go WAY back!  She was one of the first people I met in high school.  She sat next to me in band on that first day of school and I discovered that she, too, was new to the district.  Our bond started right there.  Lots of giggles about the completely idiotic inside jokes that we shared throughout the years.  I bet even now she can recite some of the silly things we wrote on our shared band folder! 

So, when she met the man of her dreams and asked me to do the cupcakes for her wedding, I was more than ecstatic to help out.  She ordered mini-cupcakes, which I had never made before and discovered are way too fun!  She ordered red velvet, chocolate and yellow cupcakes and when asked what she and Ryan's favorite flavors were, she responded with red velvet.  I know she wanted cupcakes, but I HAD to make them a cake as well...red velvet of course. 

Now, when it came to displaying these cupcakes at a wedding, I didn't know what I was going to do.  Jessica left it up to me and was incredibly flexible with design.  I looked online and found different displays that are specifically for cupcakes but I had a different vision in mind altogether.  I decided to use some of my vintage cake pedistals (and also invested in a few more) to make the statement I wanted to make. 

Here's the wedding cake; red velvet with the creamiest cream cheese frosting ever!


 Here's a picture of the entire display. 


Another shot of the cake.


Here are the yellow cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting. 


Here are the chocolate cupcakes with 7-minute frosting.


Here are the red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. 


I got a sneak peak last night at a few pictures from the wedding and Jessica made the most beautiful bride!  (Ryan was VERY handsome too!!)  I wish you two (and your family) a lifetime of happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment