Monday, July 30, 2012

Chuck's Birthday Bash

We were so sad to miss Danny's Grandpa Chuck's 86th birthday bash a few weeks ago, but to make it up to him, I made him a cake when we visited this last weekend.   I asked my mother-in-law, Marcia, what her dad's favorite cake was and she told me that he loves coconut cake.  I'd never made one of those before and immediately began my research.  I decided to use Ina Garten's coconut cake recipe and am happy that I did.  She's never failed me before!  The cake was a dense cake, similar to a pound cake, and the frosting was a delicious cream cheese frosting with accents of almond extract.   There was a little coconut in the cake and then the outside was covered in it.  I think it looked so pretty!


 And here's the birthday boy, with his beautiful bride. 


Happiest of Birthdays to you, Chuck!  We love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment