Saturday, July 21, 2012

A "Moo, Moo" here and an "Oink, Oink" there...

Little Miss Ali celebrated her 2nd birthday today and I'm so excited that her mom asked me to make her cake again.  (I made a "Garden Party" cake for her last year and was honored then, too!)  This year, Ali was having a Barnyard-Themed birthday.  Her mom, Mari, gave me full creative power with the cake.  All I knew was Ali's favorite farm animal was a cow and I went from there. 

I thought to myself, wouldn't it be cute if I made a cake that looked like a pig on top of a cow?  And there was the inspiration for this cake.  I think it turned out SO cute!



The inspiration for the cake flavors was the exterior.  My inspiration cow was black and white and my inspiration pig was pink.  I went from there.

The bottom layer of cake was chocolate cake with vanilla and Oreo buttercream and delicious layer of chocolate fudge in the middle!  (This has to be my favorite cake of all time.  No kidding.)


The top layer was a strawberry cake with strawberry cream cheese frosting.  There was a pound of strawberries in that there cake.  And it was scrumptious!



Here's Ali posing with her cake.  LOVE this!


"Happy BIRTHday, dear, Ali!  Happy Birthday to you!"


I hope she made a wish!

My wish is that she has a fantastic 3rd year!  Thanks for including me in your birthday, Ali!  

No comments:

Post a Comment