Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Clare's Tinker Bell Cake et al

I love the birthday party themes for Clare!  She's had My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, and The Little Mermaid.  This year it was Tinkerbell.  I couldn't wait!

Krisite, Clare's mom, requested Cake Pops or Cupcakes and a Cake or a combination of two, or all of them...enough to "feed the masses".  Clare was having a big party this year and 50 guests were coming.  25 kids, 25 adults.  They needed to have cake.  In ALL forms, right?  

First thing was the cake pops.  I thought that going with a Pixie Dust look would be elegant and fun.  Ben Franklin Crafts had the gold sugar and I just about flipped out when I found the green leaf ribbon!!!  




And then I made cupcakes.  I wanted them to look like a bouquet of flowers and am really happy with how they turned out.  These are chocolate cupcakes with buttercream filling.  





I found the cutest Tinker Bell jewelry box (actually it was Wendy's Jewelry box, but Tink just topped it!) and thought it was the right size to top Clare's cake.  This cake was a chocolate-flecked cake with buttercream frosting and filling.  I decorated the cake with buttercream vines and flowers.


And this year, Clare turned five!  



I hope she had a blissful birthday party!  I can't wait to hear all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment