Monday, April 21, 2014

Cadbury Egg Cupcakes

So....  I saw these on Pinterest and I couldn't resist.  Danny "needed" to bring in "treats" for his "birthday" and I thought this was a great opportunity to try something that I wanted to try without the need to have a bunch of cake leftover.  Sorry people Danny works with.  It's the truth.  

So here they are.  I used a Wacky Cake recipe because the one I have only makes 12 cupcakes or one 8" cake.  I added a Cadbury Egg to each of the cupcakes which resulted in some overflowing (so I ended up with a few extras for pictures and taste-testing.  Yesssssss!)


They baked up nicely.  


And then I frosted them.



And here's what they looked like on the inside.  


So what did I think?  I thought they were DELICIOUS!!  The baking changed the consistency of the Cadbury Egg, and I kind of liked it.  It was more dense. The frosting I used wasn't too sweet, so that helped too.  I would totally make these again!!!

How was your Easter?  Did you make anything fancy??

No comments:

Post a Comment