Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Will's Puppy Pawty

My dear friend Kate requested a cake for her son, Will's, 4th birthday.  I canNOT believe that he's four already.  I was there when he turned two.  I was there when he turned three.  I just can't believe how quickly this time has gone and how he's growing into such a wonderful little boy.  

This year, Kate was throwing a puppy party for him.  Or should I say, "pawty?"  Too cute!  The kids at this party had the opportunity to "adopt" a puppy, name it, bathe it, bring it to the vet and give it a collar and name tag.  The kids also received a cute "kennel" that they got to decorate as well.  SUPER cute (and my two girls are still playing with "Mar-Mar" and "Cup" and love them so!)!!

For this cake, Kate requested that some part of it be gluten-free, as she would have some guests who would appreciate that option.  Last year, I made Will's dinosaur that topped his cake out of Rice Krispies and she request that if I did that again to use gluten-free cereal.  Well, I thought doing a gluten-free cake might just be a better option.  

The bottom tier of this cake is a chocolate cake with buttercream filling and frosting.  The top, grassy tier is a chocolate gluten-free cake with buttercream filling and frosting.  The little blue dog on the top is made out of vanilla cake and lemon frosting, covered in fondant.  The rest of the details on the cake are made out of gum paste/fondant.









I also made some additional gluten-free cupcakes and topped them with fondant doggy bones.


Will's parents outdid themselves again for this party.  Great food, so many fun activities for the kids and an added bonus?  The WEATHER!!!  It was a GORGEOUS day in April!  The fresh air was an added bonus!!

Happiest of birthdays to you, Will!!  Thanks again for letting me be a part of it.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment