Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fool's Day Dinner 2014

So last year I got Josie GOOD with a very tricky April Fool's Day dinner.  You can see the hysterical pictures from that dinner here.  So leading up to this year's special day, Josie hadn't forgotten the fun we had last year and repeatedly reminded me that April Fool's Day was coming and how much she couldn't wait for dinner.  No pressure or anything.  

And can I just say...God Bless Pinterest?  Seriously.  I don't know what I'd do without all of you totally creative people out there.  Thank you.

This year, I told Josie that we were going to have cake for dinner and grilled cheese for dessert.  I let her in on that information a few days ago and she came up with some very creative ideas for what I could mean.  But here's the meal in its entirety.  


Josie got to take a quick peek before I asked her to change out of her school clothes.


"Hmm...those grilled cheese sandwiches look pretty good," she's thinking.


So first I cut into the "cake."  It's a pizza in a bundt pan!!!  I took a store-made pizza crust and pressed it into a greased bundt pan.  I added sauce, pepperoni, peppers, onions, garlic and mozzarella cheese and topped it with another pizza crust.  I baked it for about 15 minutes at 425 degrees F.  I immediately flipped it out onto a cake plate and topped it with thin slices of provolone cheese for the frosting.


It was actually really good and I'd serve this ANY time, not just to fool people!


She's loving EVERY minute of this!


"Wait...what's in that CAKE?""


Hey Josie - try some fruit punch.  Take a drink!


So she tried...


...and tried...


...and tried!


"Hey!  That's Jell-O!!!!!"


My other little one, Maren, is not a fan of cheese.  I know...CRAZY!  So she wasn't too happy about these.  I finally convinced her to take a bite by telling her they were actually cake and frosting.  


Yep!  These were "mmmmm" good!


Danny came home a little later tonight so Josie got to "joke" him.  She told him to try some of the fruit punch.  He was an enthusiastic "victim."  


And a brillilant actor, which made the day so fun!



Happy April Fool's Day to you and yours!  Did you do anything fun to celebrate?

No comments:

Post a Comment