Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Abie's Olaf Cake

I absolutely ADORE receiving an email message from my friend Scott (another camp counselor friend) requesting a cake for Abie.  This is the 4th cake I've done for her and I've loved every one!  Abie chose a carrot cake for her cake and wanted Olaf from the movie Frozen to be front and center.  In fact, here's the picture she wanted on top of her cake.  


I'm going to be honest with you.  This was a challenging cake.  To make this picture out of gum paste was not an easy thing to do, but I translated it the best way I could.  To get the striping look of the ball and umbrella, I placed the gum paste in the different colors next to each other and then rolled them together as thin as I needed them to be.  So it looks like it's just one piece of gum paste.  




The cake itself was a carrot cake with cream cheese filling and frosting.  Carrot nose.  Carrot cake.  Why not?!!  The top is decorated with the gum paste and for the sand, I used brown sugar.  

I hope Abie had a wonderful birthday celebration!  

No comments:

Post a Comment