Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Isaac's R2D2 Cake

Isaac was having a Star Wars themed birthday party and wanted an R2D2 cake.  I'd done one of these before for my husband and knew I could do it again if I set my mind to it.  No Jedi mind tricks for me.  This WAS the droid I was looking for.

The cake itself is a chocolate cake with Oreo buttercream filling.  It's frosted with buttercream in the form of about 1 zillion stars.  These cakes tend to take so much time, but they really look great when they're done.



Because I had to cut so much away from the cake to make the R2D2 shape, I had a lot of cake scraps left which I then made into some "spacey" cake pops.  Black sugar with a few white sprinkles reminded me of outer space.  I hope that translated well!  



Happy Birthday to you, Isaac!  I'm so honored to have been a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment