Tuesday, April 7, 2015

April Fool's Day 2015

Alright.  I'll be the first to admit it.  Keeping up with making an April Fool's meal every year is going to be impossible.  To avoid the unnecessary stress of this very important holiday, I opted [vowed] to continue on with our silly tradition by offering an April Fool's dessert instead of the whole meal.  THIS I can handle and carry on for an eternity.  There are TONS of April Fool's Day dessert ideas.

So this year, I opted to make a silly meal.  We not only had breakfast for dinner, we also had chicken pot pie for dessert.  What?!!  You read that right.


Both of my girls were hesitant but excited.  Not knowing what the "real" food was and what was a joke.   I think this works out even better!!  Keep 'em guessing!


Well, the chicken pot pie doesn't smell like chicken pot pie.


It's not chicken pot pie!  It's sweet!  And that's candy!


 Brave girl taking a taste...


Mmmm!


If you want to make these little chicken pot pies it's super easy!  I used one small box of instant vanilla pudding and made it as directed.  I refrigerated it for 30 minutes and then added the candy peas and carrots.  I poured the mixture into little graham cracker crusts that I found in the baking isle. Prior to serving them, I added some drama by pretending to take them out of the oven and acting as though they were hot.  ;)

Happy April Fool's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment