Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ahoy, Matey!

I've been corresponding with Chad, a high school friend of mine, for a few weeks regarding this particular cake. I'm happy that I had the time in my schedule to accomodate it, because it was a really fun cake to do! He was looking for a good "gift" for his Dad's birthday but he mentioned it's getting harder and harder to find something for him. So, why not a cake?

At first, Chad and I were discussing a John Wayne cake, so you can imagine my surprise when he sent over a picture of a Navy-themed cake. His Dad served our country (bless him) and Chad saw something that would honor his dad. So he sent over this picture that he found online:

But he wanted me to incorporate his Dad's rank, below.

And this is what I made for him. The bottom and middle tier are both chocolate cakes with chocolate buttercream filling (his Dad is a fan of chocolate...). The top tier is actually Rice Krispie treat covered in buttercream then fondant.

The verdict?

"Wow!! I totally loved the cake. My dad was compleatly surprised and had a GIANT smile for minutes...Thank you for that...BUT then we cut the cake..OMG all the women were jealous at your moist chocolate cake...it was so funny. Everyone loved it. My wife said it was the best cake she has ever tasted!!! You really helped make a run-of-the-mill Saturday into a day we will all remember. Once again...thank you so much! - Chad"

Thank you, Chad! And a special Happy Birthday and thank you to your Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment