Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Top o' the Cake Pop to ya!

Alright. Flashback to the end of last month when I created this monstrosity:

We, in the cake world, refer to this as a "Cake Wreck." http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/ I totally didn't mean to make a "Cake Wreck", but that's what happened. So, I decided to make this cake into something else entirely. I heard about the new trend in Cake Pops and thought the time was now for me to experiment.

I took the "Cake Wreck" and placed it right into my Kitchen Aid mixing bowl, plugged in the paddle and let it whirl. The cake instantly turned to mush. I rolled that mush into 80 little balls and set them in the freezer.


Last night, I melted down some white chocolate, added sticks to the cake balls, dipped, dotted, wrapped and transformed them into these totally festive CAKE POPS!!

I love the way they turned out, especially for my first stab at making Cake Pops. They were not only delicious, but totally fun to eat! My husband brought them into work today and shared them with his team. And yes, I made him take the basket (psst...I filled the bottom of the basket with a bunch of [chocolate] gold coins. Here's hoping the leprechauns will never find it there!)

Happy St. Patty's Day to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment