Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Landing Landon's Cake

Landon turned 1 last week and his parents wanted me to recreate his favorite toy into a cake to celebrate this wonderful occasion. Here's Landon with his favorite toy car:



His parents requested a chocolate cake with strawberry buttercream filling. They also requested little to no fondant covering the cake; only buttercream. That was a challenge because fondant would have really been go-to covering for a cake like this. So, I decided to make this cake the cutest it could be by using the star tip and going to town with a bunch of different colors. I used fondant to make the little doggy driver, the tires and I used fondant in the front to make the stop and go. Other than that, it's ALL delicious buttercream.





I hope Landon had a fantastic 1st birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment