Sunday, February 12, 2012

Charlie's Cars Cake #2

Jennifer requested a Cars cake for her son Charlie who was turning 5. She wanted me to incorporate Cars from the Disney movies on the cake somehow and I was able to send her an idea of what I had in mind. With the number of guests she was expecting, one cake wouldn't cut it, so a two-tiered cake was in order.

She requested a yellow cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. Aside from that, she knew that I would add buttercream and fondant details on the top of the cake, not to mention some actual characters from the movies.

Can I just add that I found a new recipe for yellow cake that I absolutely ADORE! Most yellow cake recipes that I've come across have either needed cake flour and/or have been dry cakes. Not something I'm happy with. The recipe I used for this cake was a moist cake which used all purpose flour and a whole lot of buttermilk. YUMMY!

The chocolate buttercream was delicious, too! A new recipe with loads of melted chocolately goodness. (I'm getting hungry now...)

Here's how the cake turned out:








I hope that Charlie enjoyed his cake and had a wonderful party this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed the Cars cake you made...it was delicious!

    - Jennifer

    ReplyDelete