Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chocolate Kahlua Cake

Erin requested a birthday cake for her husband, Steve's, birthday. Steve is a HUGE chocolate fan and I'm told he's also a fan of Kahlua. Erin requested a chocolate cake with some sort of Kahlua twist to it, to incorporate two of Steve's favorite flavors. I was game!

The best part of this cake was that the decorating was minimal. I really do enjoy a simply decorated cake from time to time. No fondant. No words. Just buttercream. Chocolate Kahlua buttercream on this one! I also added some shredded chocolate bits on top, just for fun.




Steve, I hope your birthday was a great one! I also hope that all of your wishes came true! ;)


Also, thanks to Erin for taking the pictures and sending them my way. This was one cake that slipped out before I got the chance to photograph it. I'm forever grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment