Wednesday, February 13, 2013

It's A-Me! Mario!

Sharon requested a Super Mario cake for a birthday celebration.  She needed it to feed only 4 people, so we decided on a simple 6-inch cake.  She requested a funfetti cake and I'd never made one from scratch before.  I love my yellow cake batter and just added some sprinkles to make batter look like this:  


Decorating a Mario cake was SO fun for me!  I LOVED playing ALL Mario games from my childhood through college and even as an adult.  Mario has a very special place in my heart.  So here's what I did...



I've had these brick templates for so long and I FINALLY got to use them!  Check out the bricks!



Coins were made from the letter "O" cut-outs I had.  I just didn't take out the center.


 Warp zone!!!


 And here's Mario again!  What a fun cake!


Thanks, Sharon, for the super fun project!  I hope you all enjoy the cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment