Monday, May 27, 2013

Evan's Alphabet Block Cake & Cupcakes

Last July, Chelsie asked me to do a Baptism cake for her son Evan.  A few weeks ago, I was absolutely thrilled to get the call to do his first birthday cake as well!  And, I might add, it's AMAZING to think that he's already a year old!  My word!  Time flies!

Chelsie wanted to do an alphabet block cake for Evan's 1st birthday.  Lots of letters, numbers and colors.  Every month for his first year, Chelsie had taken a picture of Evan with alphabet blocks that spelled out how old he was.  Cute, eh?!!!  So, the theme will carry on for his first birthday celebration!

Here's Evan's cake.  I did four layers of chocolate cake and filled it with buttercream, Oreos and fudge.  Again, one of my all time favorite combinations.  And the chocolate cake --- it doesn't get better than this one!

The cake is covered with buttercream and topped with gum paste/fondant strips, the number 1 and letter "E's" on the sides.  
  
Chelsie also ordered some gluten-free yellow cupcakes.  I topped those with fondant, gum paste squares that looked like more alphabet blocks.  



Best of all, Chelsie forwarded some pictures for me!  Here she is with the birthday boy!


And here's Evan enjoying his cupcake!  CUTIE!!!!!!!!!



And the inside of the cake.  Mmmmm!  Mmmmm!!!!



It most certainly looks like Evan had a great birthday bash!  Many blessings to you, Evan, on these wonderful years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment